Self clinching fasteners
What are self clinching fasteners?
The self clinching fasteners notion in general includes nuts, studs, screws, standoffs and columns which can be pressed into exactly cut holes in a sheet and in sections. These fasteners can be pressed into thin plastic boards (e.g. circuit boards).
Advantages of self clinching fasteners technology
- also in thin sheets (from the depth of 0.5 mm) they have a high stress point
- construction depth of sheet can be reduced
- considerable saving of material will be gained
- the cut out hole does not need to be subsequently treated (e.g. by flushing)
- cutting of assembly costs, which is simple, fast and safe
- shortening production cycle
- a sheet with surface treatment can be used - the sheet surface will not be damaged
- high precision of fitting the fastener (the location of the fastener in x, y coordinates)
- perfect perpendicularity of the axis of fasteners to the sheet level
- the reverse side of sheet is not damaged (no swells occur)
- no additional cutting of thread needed
- the thread is far higher quality and more resistant than a thread cut directly into a rough sheet
- excellent strength even in sheets from non-ferrous metals
- guaranteed electrical conductibility between the sheet and pressed part
- the technology provides brand new production opportunities
Typical areas of self clinching fasteners utilisation
- light engineering (manufacture of products from sheet and steel sections)
- e.g. medical equipment, automobiles, aviation technology
- light current electrical engineering (fixation of circuit boards, production of TV sets), heavy current electrical engineering (production of switchboards)
About our company
IMP Kontakt is a well established leader in the area of self clinching fasteners for sheets and plastic. Our company has been dealing with sales of self clinching fasteners since 1997. Our product range includes a number of types and sizes of self clinching fasteners.
Quality certificates for the product range: ISO 9001-2000, ISO 1400-2004, meets the ROHS criteria.
Quality certificates for the product range
- ISO 9001-2009
- ISO 1400-2004 meets ROHS criteria